Catch up on last week’s legal news and items of interest:
- The Supreme Court upheld Michigan’s ban on affirmative action (SCOTUSblog)
- Could the impending SCOTUS decision in Aereo possibly kill the cloud?
- Northwestern football players held a vote on whether to unionize. The ballot box will stay sealed until the appeals process is complete (Northwest Herald)
- You can’t copyright a magic trick, but Teller managed to win a suit based on a copied performance (Hollywood Reporter)
- And can comedians do anything if a joke is stolen? Not in the courts, but there are informal adjudication structures for aggrieved jokesters (Slate)